For 2012, the #Nifty50 will honor 50 men and 50 women from the tech world (see “Eligibility” section below) who actively engage on Twitter. Know someone who deserves to be considered? To nominate, enter their name, company, Twitter handle, reason and click the “Nominate” button.
You can also share this nomination message on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Please use #Nifty50
About the Awards
The #Nifty50Top Men and Women on Twitter Awards
The #Nifty50 is an annual award that honors a selection of the most engaging people on Twitter.
Each year, the #Nifty50 Award recognizes 50 men and 50 women who share intriguing and original content, actively engage with others, and promote causes, ideas, and knowledge on Twitter.
The #Nifty50 Top Women of Twitter will be profiled on the Webbiquity blog, and the#Nifty50 Top Men highlighted on the Blue Focus Marketing blog. Winners will be notified via Twitter this summer. The #Nifty50 Awards will receive additional coverage via Twitter, other social networks, and the media.
Know someone who qualifies? Someone who is engaging and likely to spread the word about the #Nifty50?
Nominate yourself or someone you know!
Nomination Deadlines and Announcement Dates
The deadline to submit nominations is June 22, 2012.
Nominations are now closed
#Nifty50 honorees are men and women who are active, engaging and respected on Twitter. Beyond these qualifications, each year, a different set of specific qualifying criteria will be announced, so that individuals from different industries, focus areas and professions can be recognized.
For 2012, specific eligibility criteria for #Nifty50 honorees include:
- Must work for a technology company: software, hardware, IT services or telecom, regardless of company size, or for a technology-focused venture capital, advisory or analyst firm
- Must be employed at the director level or above, but can work in any functional area (Marketing, HR, PR, Operations etc.)
- Must be active in social media (e.g., must have at least 200 followers on Twitter)
- Cannot be a professional journalist (though they can be technology executives who contribute to media outlets via guest posts or freelance writing)
- Cannot be a marketing, advertising or PR agency employee or principal
Any individual who fulfills the above criteria may be nominated. #Nifty50 finalists are chosen by Cheryl Burgess (@ckburgess) and Tom Pick (@TomPick), the originators of the #Nifty50 awards.
Winners will be given #Nifty50 badges (see below) to post to their websites or blogs. (Details to be announced.)